ABSTRACTS SUBMISSION RULES
1 - Guidelines for abstract preparation
The abstract must be submitted online by clicking on REGISTRATION/ABSTRACT SUBMISSION.
A. Access to the system:
- CONTINUE to submit a new abstract;
- CHANGE to edit your abstract;
- EDIT AUTHOR to include, to edit or exclude;
E. List of Authors and Institution
The full name and e-mail of each author will be asked.
F. Abstract Submission
- Number the order of exhibition of the authors in the field above the name of each author;
The first author (principal author) must be zero.
- Indicate the presenting author;
- Fill in the Institution, City and Country fields of each author;
- Enter the title;
Title size is limited to 255 characters with space.
- Select your preference to the presentation: Poster or Oral
- Select the area:
Cellular Immunology (CE)
Chemokines and Trafficking (CT)
Clinical Immunology (CL)
Education in Immunology (EI)
Humoral Immunology (HI)
Immunology of Infectious and Parasitic Diseases (ID)
Innate Immunity (IN)
Molecular Immunology (MI)
Transplantation and Immunogenetics (TR)
Tumor Immunology (TU)
- Insert funding agency;
- Enter the abstract and use the toolbar to format words or to insert special characters.
The abstract text must be written in English and is limited to 2,500 (two Thousand and five hundred) characters with space;
- Insert three key words;
- Confirm the data of your abstract and click on CONTINUE.
2. Analysis of the abstract
- Area related to Immunology.
- General interest of abstract theme.
- Ethical clearance (research on humans and laboratory animals).
- Definition of study material.
- Definition of terms used.
- Clear result description.
- Conclusion outside the limitations of the results.
- Conclusion supported by the results.
Results of analysis will be available in the restricte area in “My abstracts”.
3. Poster Instructions
- Posters should contain the title of the paper and the name and affiliation of the authors.
- The title of the poster should be the same as the title in the accepted abstract;
- The poster must be written in ENGLISH;
- Each Poster will be allocated a 0.90m wide by 1.20m high display area with string to fix;
- Posters should include: objectives, methodology, results and conclusions.
- SBI will not assume responsibility for posters not removed;
- Poster presentation is mandatory;
- Your poster number and the place for presentation will be available in restricted area in “My abstracts” and also will be appear on the abstracts book online;
- The posters will be seen by one or more members of the Evaluation Committee pre-selected by SBI. These members CAN identify themselves or NOT.
- The criteria adopted are: quality of the abstract and presentation, presenter’s ability to insert the abstract in specific literature.
4. Oral Presentation
- The presentation must be in English;
- SBI will select presentations among the submitted abstracts for Platform sessions.
- The corresponding author of the poster selected for oral presentation will be notified by email and must respond agreeing or not with this form of presentation.
- The abstracts presented orally do not apply for the SBI Award of the best scientific poster.
- Abstracts selected for platform presentation MUST be displayed as posters.